Tuesday 3 March 2009

That evil Ibiza bar (part 2)

So I fell asleep in the sun and burnt my shoulder - god knows how you
burn one and not the other :-/ on the bright side, I woke up feeling
great.

Bev stayed in bed all day and came down to the pool full of life "Do
you fancy following the tsunami evacuation route to the top of the
island?"

Me "I'm not sure, shall we do it tomorrow?"

Bev "it's only 350 steps".

Yeah well what they don't tell you is it's 350 steep steps to the start
of the path which then leads to the top of the highest view point. I
was dripping, it took about 30 mins to get there - pretty scary if you
consider it only took 6 mins for the tsunami to wash out the island.

Once I'd collapsed at the top of the mountain (there were loads of
people around sat peacefully on top of the rocks) I looked out and was
like - wow. It was well worth it, you can see all over the island,
it's really high up above the tallest trees. We'd also just timed it
to catch the sun setting over the opposite mountain.

I could end the day there but not without mentioning the cats that
sleep in the refrigerated drinks cabinets to keep cool! I saw a young
boy playing with a cat hanging out of the fridge, which I though he'd
locked in, only to realise the cat was crying to be let in with all
the other cats!

No comments:

Post a Comment